YOU SEND US A TAPESTRY, WE SEND YOU A CUSHION – everything included.
(or a Stocking, or a Cone Doorstop)
If the thought of turning your finished tapestry into a decorative and useful heirloom seems daunting, or you simply haven’t the time – then we can do it for you. We’ll make up your Christmas Stockings and Cone Doorstops as well as Cushions.
There is no extra charge for making up tapestries from other designers, but for very large or unusual shapes and sizes, both cushion pads and postage may have a bearing on the final price so we will need to calculate this for you.
This year, October 1st is the final date for the arrival of tapestries to ensure UK delivery of your finished item by Christmas. It is also essential that you tell me in a note that comes with the tapestry that it is needed by then.
We use 100% cotton furnishing fabric and the cushions we make are zipped and have a piped edge. We can discuss colours and send fabric swatches or photos of fabric and tapestry together.
Cushion pads are normally feather, but we can supply synthetic pads in cases of feather allergies.
- Insured UK Special Delivery back to you is included in all the prices below.
- Stretching Only (straightens and smooths wonky tapestries) £25.00
- Large Cushions – over 18 inches (46cms)
to maximum size limit of 22 inches (56 cms). from £69.00
- Standard Cushions – 13 -18 inches (up to 46cms) across £67.00
- Small Cushions – 9 -12 inches (up to 30cms) across £58.00
- Even Smaller – up to 8 inches £52.00
- Round Cushions with “box” sides from £79.50
- Christmas Stockings £58. 00
- Cone Doorstops made up ready for filling. £58.00
Cushion prices include: Preparing and stretching the tapestry; fabric for the cushion back and piping; zip; making up; cushion pad; Special Delivery postage UK.
Important! Please don’t trim the canvas. We can only stretch square or rectangular canvases.
We make these up as ‘box’ cushions, so that the top and bottom are almost flat and the cushion has sides, with a depth of about 2½ inches (6.5 cms).
Stocking prices include:
Preparing and stretching the tapestry, making up with backing fabric and lining, plus the tricky job of stitching the edge binding onto both sides of the stocking and forming the loop.
Cone Doorstop prices include:
Preparing and stretching the tapestry; making up the shaped doorstop with a fabric base; making an inner bag to hold the filling; adding the cord handle (cord colours may vary); Special Delivery postage UK.
The doorstop is returned unfilled and with small gaps left in the side seam and the inner bag for the customer to sew up after filling.
Please read these important notes so that your cushion comes back to you exactly as you wanted it.
Please include a note with all your instructions e.g. fabric colour preferences (or dislikes), deadlines, etc. – even if we have discussed these by email or over the phone.
- Don’t forget contact details in your note. Email address and phone/text numbers so we can keep in touch; and the postal address for the return of your finished cushion. This can be a work address as Royal Mail will not leave the parcel without a signature.
- Please don’t trim canvas – we need ample unstitched canvas at the edges for stretching. We can only stretch square or rectangular canvases.
- Are there any ‘steps’ (incomplete rows) at the edges? Steps mean we have to sew further into the needlework making bulky seams, so it is well worth filling them in.
- Missed stitches? Hold up to the light to see.
- Which way up? We put the zip at the bottom, so if you think I won’t be able to tell, please write TOP in pencil on the canvas.
- Ink! Felt tip or ball point pen marks under the stitching might run and spoil the tapestry. We cannot be responsible for such damage especially if no mention has been made.
- Your own fabric. You are welcome to supply your own fabric, but please ring for quantity before sending. if you send much too much, there may be extra postage to return it. We do not charge for cushion fabric if we use yours.
- Posting. We recommend that you post it to us by a “Signed For” postal service. Jiffy bags are the best.
- Payment. We like to agree your method of payment before we start, although I don’t usually charge until the work is done. We can take a Card number over the phone; or I can send an online Request for Payment where you can pay safely online, just follow the links in the email.
During the Covid19 pandemic, we are not accepting cheques as they have to be paid in!
Timing. Since ‘lockdown’ we have had more tapestries in at once than ever before and it has been hard to estimate the timing. You should allow at least 10 weeks. if you become anxious, do email for an update on the progress of your cushion.
One Off Needlework, 4 Station Road, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9RE UK
We make up Standard Cushions, Box Cushions (with sides), Christmas Stockings, and our own Cone Doorstops.
Sorry, we do not make up Brick Doorstops, Glasses Cases, Bell Pulls or Wall Hangings.
Email: [email protected]
Or ring 01403 782200
See the Kind Words of some of our customers – I haven’t had any complaints yet!
To Stretch or Not a blog about tapestry stretching.