YOU SEND US A TAPESTRY, WE SEND YOU A CUSHION – everything included.
If the thought of turning your finished tapestry into a decorative and useful heirloom seems daunting, or you simply haven’t the time – then we can do it for you. We’ll make up your Christmas Stockings and Cone Doorstops as well as Cushions.
We use 100% cotton furnishing fabric and the cushions we make are zipped and have a piped edge. We can discuss colours and send fabric swatches if required. Cushion pads are normally feather, but we can supply synthetic pads in cases of feather allergies.
There is no extra charge for making up tapestries from other designers, but for very large or unusual shapes and sizes, both cushion pads and postage may have a bearing on the final price so we will need to calculate this for you.
Each year, November 1st is the final date for sending in tapestries to ensure delivery of your finished item by Christmas.
We normally carry on well into December but cannot necessarily offer the Christmas guarantee. We do our best!
To Stretch or Not a blog about tapestry stretching.
Insured UK Special Delivery back to you is included in all the prices below.
- Stretching Only (straightens and smooths wonky tapestries) £25.00
- Large Cushions – Stitched area over 18 inches (46cms) across from £63.00
- MAXIMUM Size limit: Canvas 25 inches (64 cms) in either direction: Stitched area 23 inches (56 cms).
- Standard Cushions – Stitched area 12-18 inches (up to 46cms) across £63.00
- Small Cushions – Stitched area 9 -12 inches (up to 30cms) across £58.00
- Even Smaller – Stitched area up to 8 inches £54.00
- Round Cushions with “box” sides from £70.50
- Christmas Stockings £58. 00
- Cone Doorstops made up ready for filling. £60.00
- Mitred fabric borders add £4.00 to £9.00 to the above prices depending on size.
Cushion prices include:
Preparing and stretching the tapestry; fabric for the cushion back; mitred border if required; piping; zip; making up; cushion pad; Special Delivery postage UK.
Stocking prices include:
Preparing and stretching the tapestry, making up with backing fabric and lining, plus the tricky job of stitching the edge binding onto both sides of the stocking and forming the loop; Special Delivery postage UK.
Cone Doorstop prices include:
Preparing and stretching the tapestry; making up the shaped doorstop with a fabric base; making an inner bag to hold the filling; adding the cord handle (cord colours may vary); Special Delivery postage UK. The doorstop is returned unfilled and with small gaps left in the side seam and the inner bag for the customer to sew up after filling.
BEFORE YOU SEND:
Please read these important notes so that your cushion comes back to you exactly as you wanted it.
- Please include a note with all your instructions e.g. fabric colour preferences (or dislikes), deadlines, etc. – even if we have discussed these by email or over the phone. Your note will stay with the tapestry so we have everything to hand when we need it.
- Don’t forget contact details in your note. Email address and phone number so we can keep in touch; and the postal address for the return of your finished cushion. This can be a work address as Royal Mail will not leave the parcel without a signature.
- Are there any ‘steps’ (incomplete rows) at the edges?
- Missed stitches? Hold up to the light to see.
- Please don’t trim canvas – we need unstitched canvas at the edges for stretching. We can only stretch square or rectangular canvases.
- Ink! Felt tip or ball point pen marks under the stitching might run and spoil the tapestry. We cannot be responsible for such damage if no mention has been made.
- Your own fabric. You are welcome to supply your own fabric and/or trimming, but please ring for quantity before sending. if you send much too much, there may be extra postage to return it.
- Posting. We recommend that you post it to us by a “Signed For” postal service. Jiffy bags or postal tubes are safest.
- Payment. We like to agree your method of payment before we start, which can be by Card over the phone; or I can send an online Request for Payment where you can pay safely online, just follow the links in the email. We also can accept cheques made out to One Off Needlework. But please don’t send cheques without confirmation of the price.
Timing. You should allow up to 5 weeks for the work. It is usually less, but at busy times, if it is going to be any more, we will let you know.
One Off Needlework, 4 Station Road, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9RE
We make up (left to right) Cushions, Mitred Cushions, Round and Box Cushions (with sides), Christmas Stockings, and our own Cone Doorstops.
Sorry, we do not make up Brick Doorstops or Wall Hangings.
Email: [email protected]
Or ring 01403 782200
See the Kind Words of some of our customers – I haven’t had any complaints yet!